It’s not just what’s on your lot that matters – it’s what’s within steps of your property, too, says says Jessica Flanagan, marketing mager at Activa. “Parks, pathways, roads, schools, and green space are all important puzzle pieces that shape where and how we build,” she says. Activa is one of Waterloo Region’s largest and most active home and community builders.
The company builds in a wide variety of neighbourhoods and prides itself on contributing much more than houses to each one. Flanagan tooks us inside one of the model homes in Activa's Riverwood and Doon South communities. She offers nine reasons why Activa's homes are ideal for families of all types:
1. Locations, locations, locations Activa is building in seven different communities in Kitchener and Waterloo, so no matter where you’re looking, they have a spot for you.
2. One size does not fit all From 800 sq. ft. single bedroom condos to 4,000 sq. ft. family homes on large lots, Activa has options that will appeal to all types of home buyers, from single young professionals to young couples, growing families, large families and couples who are downsizing. “It’s important for us to offer choice to our homeowners, to accommodate the growing needs of our region and its residents,” says Flanagan.
3. Different price points within neighbourhoods “For example, in our master-planned Doon South community you can find towns, semis and 30-foot to 45-foot single detached homes ranging from $400,000 to over $1 million,” says Flanagan.
4. A variety of configurations “No two families are the same, so we make sure that there are plenty of options for our homeowners at every stage of life,” says Flanagan. That means different models and floor plans, and different options for finishes and details within each of those floor plans.
5. Floor plans to fit every lifestyle “Many of our plans also have pre-planned options that you can choose from, such as upstairs laundry rooms, luxury en suites and the ability to add or subtract bedrooms based on family needs.” Make your home work for you exactly as you need it to.
6. Pick your materials When homeowners meet with the Activa Design Studio experts, they’re presented with an assortment of high-quality finishes and materials to choose from. “From flooring, countertops, faucets, lighting and everything in between, it’s these little details that turn a house into a home,” says Flanagan.
7. Classic, trendy and functional at the same time “We’re always improving the designs of our homes, altering them to better match with customer preferences and what’s trending in the design world,” says Flanagan. However, with years of experience under their belts, they also know what works and what doesn’t and can offer a wealth of suggestions on picking the right home for you.
8. Community-minded “Your home doesn’t end at your front door,” says Flanagan, adding Activa is not just a home builder, it’s a community builder. The company’s visions include “a livable master-planned community filled with parks, trails and other amenities that make your family thrive.”
9. They give back Through the year, Activa partners with local Waterloo Region non-profit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Family & Children Services, KidsAbility and Hockey Helps the Homeless in an effort to reinvest in the community. “We are committed to making the region a better place for every family to call home,” says Flanagan.
10. Top talent Activa taps into top trades for help with the essentials like heating, cooling and plumbing (Priority Mechanical Services Ltd. and Kastl & Zuch Plumbing & Heating Ltd.). The standout double-sided fireplace was done by Fineline Fireplaces. Custom pillows and curtains created by by Mary Jane Hofstede of It’s Curtains For You and finishing touches were sourced at Living Lighting Kitchener, and St. Jacobs Furniture House). Activa prides itself on using local trades and suppliers to help create the quality homes they deliver to customers.